Re: uninstalling postgre sql on Fedora core 5

От Chris
Тема Re: uninstalling postgre sql on Fedora core 5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I installed Fedora Core 5 Linux to my x86 Desktop machine, it
> automatically included PostGreSQL.  What is the proper way to
> uninstall?  Since it came by default, I can't tell if it was installed
> by source or RPM ... or can I?

Not sure why you'd want to remove it but hey :)

I use this syntax (I'm sure there's a better way but this works):

rpm -qa | grep -i 'postgres'

find the package names, then

rpm -e pkg1 pkg2 pkg3 etc

You may find other packages are dependent on postgresql, maybe you
installed something that requires it.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/