Re: Temparary disable constraint

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Temparary disable constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Adnan DURSUN wrote:
>>    Hi, Maybe added more further things to TODO list. Enabled /
>>    disabled other objects like view/funtion. imagine a lot of
>>    views that referances a table and i wanna drop a column on this
>>    table that used by these views. Postgres doesnt allow this.
>>    First i must drop these views then drop the column on that
>>    table and then recreate these views.  Can this be resolved
>>    (like oracle does) ?
>
> Not easily, because the view are bound to the object id of the tables
> involved.

The trick would be I think to bind them to individual columns, so if
view V doesn't mention column C then dropping C has no effect on it.

That's a lot more dependencies to track of course.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Scanner/Parser question - what does _P imply?
Сообщение: Re: Scanner/Parser question - what does _P imply?