Re: Ask about large database?

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: Ask about large database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18.01.2007 09:03, Thuy Nguyen wrote:
>   I am look for RDBMS solution for my web application, size of my database may be about 10GB-->500GB. How PostgreSQL
workwell or how must I config it?
>   My application process data locally; one database has only one connection (not a server-client model).
>   Please tell me your suggestions!

PostgreSQL will work just fine in that situation, though it will really
show its power when you have a large amount of concurrent connections /
transactions.

You always need to configure PostgreSQL for a given workload.

See:

http://powerpostgresql.com/PerfList
http://powerpostgresql.com/Downloads/annotated_conf_80.html
http://powerpostgresql.com/PlanStats