Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum Improvements

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum Improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I'd like to hear other people's opinions on Darcy Buskermolen proposal
>> to have a log table, on which we'd register what did we run, at what
>> time, how long did it last, [...]
>
> I think most people would just be happy if we could get autovacuum to
> log it's actions at a much higher log level.  I think that "autovacuum
> vacuumed table x" is important and shouldn't be all the way down at the
> debug level.

+1 here.  Even more than "autovacuum vacuumed table x", I'd like to see
"vacuum starting table x" and "vacuum done table x".  The reason I say
that is because the speculation "autovacuum might have been running"
is now a frequent phrase I hear when performance questions are asked.
If vacuum start and end times were logged at a much earlier level,
that feature plus log_min_duration_statement could easily disprove
the "vacuum might have been running" hypothesis.