Re: Building web sites using a database

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Building web sites using a database
Дата
Re: Building web sites using a database  ("shakahshakah@gmail.com" <shakahshakah@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Jan Mura wrote:
>                     Hello,
> I would like to ask if there is a genral concept of creating web pages
> using
> a database and PHP or another scripting language.
> What I mean is to store basic entities and relations between pages.
> Only the
> certain texts or information regarding every site will differ. But indeex
> page, search page, result page and so on for every site should look
> similarly so the application select a structure of a page from DB and add
> certain text.
> I am not sure if I am clear.
> The aim is to create sites quickly because a creator just insert into the
> database text for every page.
> And I am looking for some documentation or info how to do this and how
> to deal with such things.
>
> Thanks
> Jan Mura
> jan.mura@volny.cz <mailto:jan.mura@volny.cz>

Well, you could always start with something like Drupal:
http://www.drupal.com
You can create sites very quickly and everything is stored in a Postgresql
or MySQL database.

I recently converted my website to it and could not be more happy :-)

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this article/comment
От: Jorge Godoy
Сообщение: Re: [1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)