Re: Controlling memory of session

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Controlling memory of session
Дата
Список pgsql-general
James Im wrote:
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>  > Is there a particular problem you're trying to solve?
>
> yes I'm trying to know how many connections can open to the database
> without running out of memory.  Ideally I would like to optimize stuff
> so that I can open the maximum number of connection/session.

What - just as many idle connections as you can? You're not interesting
in running queries with them?

> In total I can give 250Mb of RAM to Postgresql. It should not eat more
> memory. This is what Im' trying to do.

It hasn't got that sort of hard limit facility. The best you can do is
to limit the maximum number of connections and then restrict the various
memory settings per-backend and shared. That should let you keep it in
the range you want.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd