Re: Table Size

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Table Size
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Richard Huxton a écrit :
> Gauri Kanekar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anybody help me out to get following info of all the tables in a
>> database.
>
> 1. Have you read up on the information schema and system catalogues?
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/catalogs.html
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/catalogs.html
>

>> table_len
>> tuple_count
>> tuple_len
>
> 2. Not sure what the difference is between "len" and "count" here.

tuple_count is the number of live tuples. tuple_len is the length (in
bytes) for all live tuples.

>> tuple_percent
>
> 3. Or what this "percent" refers to.

tuple_percent is % of live tuple from all tuples in a table.

>> dead_tuple_count
>> dead_tuple_len
>> dead_tuple_percent
>> free_space
>> free_percent
>
> 4. You might find some of the stats tables useful too:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/monitoring-stats.html

Actually, these columns refer to the pgstattuple contrib module. This
contrib module must be installed on the server (how you install it
depends on your distro). Then, you have to create the functions on you
database :
  psql -f /path/to/pgstattuple.sql your_database

Right after that, you can query these columns :

test=> \x
Expanded display is on.
test=> SELECT * FROM pgstattuple('pg_catalog.pg_proc');
-[ RECORD 1 ]------+-------
table_len          | 458752
tuple_count        | 1470
tuple_len          | 438896