Re: 8.1 vs 8.2.1 view optimization

От Nathan Bell
Тема Re: 8.1 vs 8.2.1 view optimization
Дата
Re: 8.1 vs 8.2.1 view optimization  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Yeah, I saw the "not optimized out" typo as soon as I hit send.

What if the item that is taking a long time isn't a function, but rather
a sub-select?
Can I set the sub-select to stable, or perhaps set the entire view to
non-volatile to achieve the same result?
If not, can I set the sub-select to a different non-volatile view or do
I need to create a non-volatile function that returns the result?

Thanks for the help.