Re: Transaction callback

От Kevin Field
Тема Re: Transaction callback
Дата
Список pgsql-general
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-01/msg00861.php

(Just to dredge up another old thread...)

> While its true that a post-commit operation cannot modify a database, it
> might still for instance propagate the outcome of the transaction to another
> resource outside of the database, it might invalidate a transaction local
> in-memory cache, or it might clear resources occupied in memory for a rule
> system, etc.

This is exactly what I'd like to do.  Is there a way to do it nowadays?
  What I'm going for is an AJAX app that doesn't need to poll the
server, but rather can have the server callback to it when a transaction
messes with the data a user at which a user is looking.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kev