Re: Avoiding empty queries in tsearch

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: Avoiding empty queries in tsearch
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Doug Cole wrote:
> That sounds perfect, but it doesn't seem to exist on either of the
> postgresql installations I have access to (8.1 on ubuntu and fedora
> core).  Is it new to 8.2?  Is there a similar function under 8.1, or at
Yes, it's new in 8.2

> least a decent work-around?  Thanks for the help,
> Doug

Not nice workaround but it works:

# create or replace function isvoid(tsquery)
returns bool as $$
select case when $1 is NULL then 't'::bool when length(textin(tsquery_out( $1
))) = 0 then 't'::bool else 'f'::bool end;
$$ language SQL called on null input;

# select isvoid( plainto_tsquery('the & any') );
NOTICE:  query contains only stopword(s) or doesn't contain lexeme(s), ignored
  isvoid
--------
(1 row)

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Сообщение: Re: Avoiding empty queries in tsearch
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding empty queries in tsearch