Re: Performance with very large tables

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Performance with very large tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan van der Weijde wrote:
> That is exactly the problem I think. However I do not deliberately
> retrieve the entire table. I use the default settings of the PostgreSQL

You will want to increase the default settings and let PostgreSQL use as
much RAM as you have - especially when retrieving a large dataset.

Some good points of reference is -

http://www.powerpostgresql.com/Downloads/annotated_conf_80.html

http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html

http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

От: ksherlock@gmail.com
Сообщение: Re: like query backslash
От: Aleksander Kmetec
Сообщение: Unpredicatable behavior of volatile functions used in cursors