I've compiled and installed -- what next?

От Rob Tanner
Тема I've compiled and installed -- what next?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've compiled and installed v8.2.1 to use in conjunction with the Xythos
document management system.  My problem is getting from home to first
base.  I normally live in a MySql world and the first thing I do after
installing the DBMS is set the "root" or superuser password.  The PDF
documentation talks about the superuser and database owner(s).  How do I
define the superuser and then secure that user with a password?

Thanks,
Rob

--

Rob Tanner