Re: ideas for auto-processing patches

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: ideas for auto-processing patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
markwkm@gmail.com wrote:
> What do you think about setting up the buildfarm clients
> with the users they are willing to test patches for, as opposed to
> having the patch system track who is are trusted users?  My thoughts
> are the former is easier to implement and that it allows anyone to use
> the buildfarm to test a patch for anyone, well each buildfarm client
> user permitting.

We can do this, but the utility will be somewhat limited. The submitters
will still have to be known and authenticated on the patch server. I
think you're also overlooking one of the virtues of the buildfarm,
namely that it does its thing unattended. If there is a preconfigured
set of submitters/vetters then we can rely on them all to do their
stuff. If it's more ad hoc, then when Joe Bloggs submits a spiffy new
patch every buildfarm owner that wanted to test it would need to go and
add him to their configured list of patch submitters. This doesn't seem
too workable.

cheers

andrew