Re: pgstattuple TODO item

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgstattuple TODO item
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>> OK. I first chose to use a menu because executing pgstattuple on a big
>>> table (more than a gig) is really slow.
>> Hmm, OK. In that case, perhaps it should remain, and append the
>> additional data to the stats tab having selected, and populated it as
>> normal first. If the tab is already shown, then it can just append the
>> data of course.
>>
>> I think 'Get extended statistics' or similar might be a better name for
>> the option though - best not to use the cryptic function name.
>>

> This is exactly what I did. You'll find attached my new patch.

Thanks Guillaume, patch applied with a few changes:

- I added infrastructure to allow the menuFactories to support checkable
items. This allows us to show a check against the option for tables that
have extended stats switched on.

- I made the extended stats a toggle option so they can be turned off again.

- I moved the HasFeature check into the same SQL query as the existing
ones, and removed the "nothing is in public in 8.1+" restriction which
seemed kinda pointless.

- When you select the option, it will now automatically update and
display the Statistics tab. Unchecking it does nothing.

Thanks again,

Dave.