Re: [HACKERS] unusual performance for vac following 8.2upgrade

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: [HACKERS] unusual performance for vac following 8.2upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Can we actually get rid of pg_class entries for temp tables.  Maybe
>> creating a "temp pg_class" which would be local to each session?  Heck,
>> it doesn't even have to be an actual table -- it just needs to be
>> somewhere from where we can load entries into the relcache.
>
> A few things to think about:
>
> 1. You'll break a whole lotta client-side code if temp tables disappear
> from pg_class.

> 2. How do you keep the OIDs for temp tables (and their associated
> rowtypes) from conflicting with OIDs for real tables?

> 3. What about dependencies on user-defined types, functions, etc?

Is there not some gain from just a "standard" partitioning of pg_class
into: (system-objects, user-objects, temp-objects)? I'd expect them to
form a hierarchy of change+vacuum rates (if you see what I mean).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Planner statistics, correlations
Сообщение: Re: Planner statistics, correlations