Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joachim Wieland wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 01:45:10AM +0100, Chris Mair wrote:
>> I just wanted to mention that the latest release of OpenBSD i386
>> (4.0) is still broken too. So the ecpg-check failure would apply to
>> (at least) to 3.8, 4.0, and likely 3.9.
>
> ok, but then we have some hosts in the buildfarm that run the updated
> versions like zebra and spoonbill. In this case we can't decide on the
> OS version number and cannot provide alternative files. Any idea except for
> actively replacing the offending line via sed from the regression script?

that is incorrect - both zebra(4.0) and spoonbill(3.9) are not affected
by this bug - the libc issue in question only affects i386 and m68k with
OpenBSD 4.0 and older.
So neither Spoonbill (Sparc64) nor Zebra (amd64/x86_64) ever had that issue.

Stefan