Re: Remove duplicate rows

От Russell Smith
Тема Re: Remove duplicate rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jiří Němec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to remove duplicates rows from a subquery but order these
> results by a column what is not selected. There are logically two
> solutions but no works.
>
> SELECT DISTINCT sub.foo FROM (SELECT ...) AS sub ORDER BY sub.bar
> ERROR:  for SELECT DISTINCT, ORDER BY expressions must appear in select list

I'm not sure here, so I'll leave it alone.
> SELECT sub.foo FROM (SELECT ...) AS sub GROUP BY sub.foo ORDER BY sub.bar
> ERROR: column "sub.bar" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used
> in an aggregate function

The problem here is that you are not really asking a meaningful question...
foo  bar
1     1
1     2

now, you are selecting foo, but you want to order by bar.  What decision
should be made about which value of bar to pick, so you can order on it?

Regards

Russell Smith

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.
От: Rafal Pietrak
Сообщение: Re: TRIGGER BEFORE INSERT