Re: -f option for pg_dumpall

От Dave Page
Тема Re: -f option for pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Possibly, to merge the two programs. I'm intending to put some time into
the append and seperating globals items, but I don't think I have the
time to merge the apps given Tom's concerns and some further investigation.

Regards, Dave.

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Is there a TODO here?

> Dave Page wrote:
>>> Hmm, OK. I'll need to have a good look at the code before I can even
>>> think about commenting on that, which will have to wait until after I've
>>> finished bundling releases.
>> And having done so, I agree that it's not really feasible without
>> significant effort to allow each archive format to be closed and
>> re-opened between multiple instances of pg_dump and pg_dumpall, as well
>> as to allow them to support multiple databases and global objects
>> (though they can effectively live in the default DB of course) within a
>> single archive. I'm fairly certain it would be easier to merge the two
>> programs as originally suggested, though that does indeed look trickier
>> (and more dangerous) than I originally envisaged.
>>
>> How about adding the append option, but leaving it undocumented. That
>> way if anyone gets the itch to do a full rewrite in the future we
>> haven't necessarily got to continue to support an option we no longer want?
>>
>> Regards, Dave.

>> TIP 7: You can help support the PostgreSQL project by donating at
>>
>>                 http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,