Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size, and others

От Jonathan Hedstrom
Тема Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size, and others
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Kroeger wrote:
> This is the base Xen kernel from the FC 6 release.  There have been 3
> updates released since then (most recently 01-Jan).  I see a number of
> Xen fixes in the changelog, and I know that the major factor in the
> slippage of the FC 6 release was getting Xen into the distro -- so I
> would definitely expect some Xen bugs in the initial cut from the
> release.

We had downloaded the kernel updates, but after doing so, forgot to
reboot in order to use the updated kernel...
> Simplest advice I can think of:  if you don't need Xen, go back to the
> stock (albeit most recent update) kernel.  If you do need Xen, try the
> most recent update of the stock kernel anyway.  If the problems
> persist, you've at least eliminated one variable.  If they go away,
> you've got the culprit.

We downloaded the most recent stock FC6 kernel and rebooted to that.
Hopefully this will take care of the issue.

I reindexed the tables related to the failing update. Other than that,
is there any cleanup work I should do relating to these errors?

Thanks for all the quick responses.

-Jonathan