Re: -f option for pg_dumpall

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: -f option for pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> It might make sense to provide a programmatic interface to pg_dump to
> provide tools like pgAdmin more flexibility.
Are you talking about "pg_dump in a lib"? Certainly a good idea, because
it allows better integration (e.g. progress bar).
> But it certainly doesn't make sense to re-create the dumping logic.
>
> In terms of integrating pg_dumpall and pg_dump; I don't really care if
> that happens,
I can't make too much sense of integrating pg_dumpall anywhere. Dumping
a whole cluster is certainly much of a planned job, not an interactive
online one, because its output usually won't be usable except for
disaster recovery. Not much function to "re-create" here, single
exception is extracting cluster wide data, the -g option, that's why I
mentioned scripting. But apparently this didn't get into pgadmin svn any
more, so I need to retract this proposal.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 pending patch queue
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Strange sort operators vs the regression tests