Re: is there a tracking trace tool like the "SQL Analizer"

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: is there a tracking trace tool like the "SQL Analizer"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
guillermo arias wrote:
> is there a tracking trace tool in postgre? like the "SQL Analizer" in
> MS sqlserver.
>
> I have downloaded the PGAdmin III and i have not found any tool like this.
>
> Thanks

Hi,
You can do this with Postgresql by turning on log statements in the
postgresql.conf file.
You can then trace all the statements that the server executed in the
log and the values that where passed.

You could also check out Lightning Admin instead of pgAdmin III.
We have a feature that can capture the currently running statement from
a process and list them all in a memo.
Can be handy.
You can find out more here:
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/onlinehelp/pgla/server_status.htm
While not free, Lightning Admin is SUPER inexpensive :-) and you will
get great support.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design