Re: High update activity, PostgreSQL vs BigDBMS

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: High update activity, PostgreSQL vs BigDBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ron wrote:
> C= What file system are you using?  Unlike BigDBMS, pg does not have its
> own native one, so you have to choose the one that best suits your
> needs.  For update heavy applications involving lots of small updates
> jfs and XFS should both be seriously considered.

Ron, thanks for your ideas.  Many of them I've addressed in response to
suggestions from others.  I wanted to address this one in particular.
Unfortunately, I do not have the liberty to change file systems on this
old Sun box.  All file systems are formatted Sun UFS.  BigDBMS is
equally subject to whatever pluses or minuses can be attributed to this
file system, so I'm thinking that this issue would be a wash between the
two.

I've come to the conclusion that configuration changes to PG alone will
not equal the playing field.  My next step is to try to determine where
the biggest payback will be regarding changing the implementation.

--
Guy Rouillier

Сообщение: Re: High update activity, PostgreSQL vs BigDBMS
Сообщение: Re: High update activity, PostgreSQL vs BigDBMS