Re: Driver Bug

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Driver Bug
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
John LH wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  I did some more detailed testing and found the
> following results ...
>
> 8.1.1 : On this it hangs
> 8.1.4 : On this version it throws this exception ...
>
> I am now thinking that this is a bug in the early builds of 8.1.x.  This
> is sufficient for us, we will just upgrade and if anyone else has an
> issue with this specifically we will tell them to upgrade.

Checking the release notes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-1-5.html

I believe it is covered by this entry:

Fix mishandling of AFTER triggers when query contains a SQL function
returning multiple rows (Tom)

The difference between a hang and a crash seems to be whether the
backend was compiled with --enable-cassert.