Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?
Дата
Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?  (John McCawley <nospam@hardgeus.com>)
Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> John McCawley <nospam@hardgeus.com> writes:
>
>> I think I got it:
>> CREATE FUNCTION new_get_emp_id() RETURNS INTEGER AS $$ select emp_id
>> from secureview.tbl_employee where username = (SELECT current_user) $$
>> LANGUAGE SQL IMMUTABLE;
>> I made the function immutable so it only calls it once, therefore no
>> longer requiring a call per-row.
>>

> Since it's obviously *not* immutable, this will come back to bite you
> sooner or later (probably sooner).  Labeling it STABLE would be
> reasonable, although I'm not certain how much that helps you.  Do you
> have indexes on the columns it's being compared to?

Besides, a temp table is pretty much a session variable.

--
erik jones <erik@myemma.com>
software development

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?