Re: InitPostgres and flatfiles question

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: InitPostgres and flatfiles question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:
> In what PG version?

Postgres-R 8.3devel ;-)

> Because the postmaster doesn't have direct database access.  If it did,
> any corruption of shared memory would risk crashing the postmaster
> along with the backends.

Understood, thanks.

Most probably I better go another way, than fiddling with postgres
startup internals. Is there a way to be sure the flatfile has been
written to disk after a CREATE DATABASE? I would like to ensure I can
connect to a newly created database.

Regards

Markus

Сообщение: Re: InitPostgres and flatfiles question
Сообщение: Re: InitPostgres and flatfiles question