Re: More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?)

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Erik Jones wrote:
>> Hmm...  This gets stranger and stranger.  When connecting to the
>> database with the psql client in 8.2's bin directory and using
>> commands such as \d the client hangs, or takes an extremely long
>> time.  If we connect to the same 8.2 database with a psql client from
>> 8.1.4, both remotely and locally, \d responds immediately.  Could the
>> issue be with the client programs somehow?
>
> Couldn't be some DNS problems that only affect the 8.2 client I suppose?

Hmm...  I don't see how that would matter when the 8.2. client is being
run locally.

--
erik jones <erik@myemma.com>
software development

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?)