More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?)

От Erik Jones
Тема More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?)
Дата
Re: More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hmm...  This gets stranger and stranger.  When connecting to the
database with the psql client in 8.2's bin directory and using commands
such as \d the client hangs, or takes an extremely long time.  If we
connect to the same 8.2 database with a psql client from 8.1.4, both
remotely and locally, \d responds immediately.  Could the issue be with
the client programs somehow?  Note also that we did our migration over
the xmas weekend using the dump straight into a restore command.  We
kicked it off Saturday (12-23-06) night and it had just reached the
point of adding foreign keys the morning of the 26th.  We stopped it
there, wrote a script to go through and build indexes (which finished in
a timely manner) and have added just the foreign keys strictly necessary
for our applications functionality (i.e. foreign keys set to cascade on
update/delete, etc...).