Re: Optimalisation options change query results

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Optimalisation options change query results
Дата
Found an example prooving bug  (Marcin Zukowski <mz174771@students.mimuw.edu.pl>)
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Optimalisation options change query results

SQL92 says

              Whether a sort key value that is null is considered greater
              or less than a non-null value is implementation-defined, but
              all sort key values that are null shall either be considered
              greater than all non-null values or be considered less than
              all non-null values.

Postgres appears to me to satisfy the spec.  There's nothing here that
says we can't choose different NULL treatments in different queries...