Re: WITH Support

От Edwin S. Ramirez
Тема Re: WITH Support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The WITH that I am thinking about, lets you define and reuse queries which are executed once.  For example:

WITH  MySummary AS (*SELECT b.dept_name, Sum(Salary) AS total_sal FROM emp a join dept b on (a.dept_id = b.dept_id)
GROUP BY b.dept_name*)  SELECT dept_name, total_sal //FROM MySummary  WHERE total_sal > (                     SELECT
SUM(total_sal) * 1/12                     FROM MySummary)  ORDER BY total_sal

You can introduce multiple "aliases" and use them within any subsequent queries.

WITH   alias1 as (...)  alias2 as (...)  alias3 as (...)
SELECT ....

Thanks,