Re: transactions getting slon in councurrent environment

От Tigran Mkrtchyan
Тема Re: transactions getting slon in councurrent environment
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Does it mean that I have to commit after each select statement?

Here what the manual says:

------------
Description

COMMIT commits the current transaction. All changes made by the transaction
become visible to others and are guaranteed to be durable if a crash occurs.
-----------

Does select produces some changes?

Regards,
    Tigran.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Tigran Mkrtchyan <tigran.mkrtchyan@desy.de> writes:
>> I got a incorrect or unexpected behavior in concurrent environment.
>
> This is not a bug, nor even surprising.  Since you haven't committed
> the second transaction, there are a growing number of
> dead-but-not-recyclable versions of the updated row.  The active client
> has to check each of these versions during its primary key uniqueness
> check during each update.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Tigran Mkrtchyan                               DESY, IT,
tigran.mkrtchyan@desy.de                       Notkestrasse 85,
Tel: + 49 40 89983946                          Hamburg 22607,
Fax: + 49 40 89984429                          Germany.