View all rows not updated properly if program deletes all rows

От Guy Rouillier
Тема View all rows not updated properly if program deletes all rows
Дата
Re: View all rows not updated properly if program  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Список pgadmin-support
I'm using PgAdmin 1.6.1 against PG 8.2.0, both running on Windows XP.  I
have a test Java program that inserts and deletes rows into a single
table; I vary the operation of the program by commenting out various
parts.  Before running the program, I open a view window on this table
by selecting "View all rows".  When I configure the program to just
insert rows and click the refresh icon, all the inserted rows show up.
If I configure the program to insert then delete *some* rows, when I
click the refresh icon, the remaining rows are properly shown.  However,
if I configure the program to insert then delete all rows, clicking the
refresh icon doesn't do anything.

If I go back to the main window and tell it to count the rows in this
table, it correctly reports zero.  If I close the original view window
then open a new one, it also correctly displays no data.

--
Guy Rouillier