Re: CATUPDATE confusion?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CATUPDATE confusion?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 12/29/14 7:16 PM, Adam Brightwell wrote:
>> Given this discussion, I have attached a patch that removes CATUPDATE
>> for review/discussion.

> committed this version

Hmm .. I'm not sure that summarily removing usecatupd from those three
system views was well thought out.  pg_shadow, especially, has no reason
to live at all except for backwards compatibility, and clients might well
expect that column to still be there.  I wonder if we'd not be better off
to keep the column in the views but have it read from rolsuper.