Re: How about considering switch to cmake

От Dave Page
Тема Re: How about considering switch to cmake
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Massimo Fidanza wrote:
> Hi all, in the past I try to use auto hell and I found it very hard to
> hack, now I'm developing a plugin for kate (KDE advanced editor) and I
> discover the simplicity of cmake. CMake as auto hell is cross platform
> and has a very simple and clean syntax, and the script are not a mix of
> m4 + posix shell + something else but only cmake script. The project
> that swith to cmake are very happy with it. I can help with the portig
> of pgadmin. Let me know if you are interested.

I did briefly look at cmake a while back. *If* we are to switch to a new
build system, I'm looking for something that can generate Makefiles that
will work with gmake and ideally Sun's make (for building with
SunStudio) as well, as well as VC++ 2005 and Xcode project files. From
what I recall, cmake fell down on the Xcode support. Has that changed now?

Regards, Dave