Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?
Дата
Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-general
"scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I do now seem to recall an agreement that a GUC switch to disable
>> date-interpretation guessing would be okay, though.

> I'm pretty sure it was the other way around, make strict locale / date
> checking the standard and a GUC to turn it off for folks who really want
> to use a broken database.  :-)

This is definitely a case where what is "broken" is in the eye of the
beholder.  If the current behavior is broken, why have we had so few
complaints about it?  It's been like that for quite a few years now.

I think that on grounds of backwards compatibility alone, we should
leave the out-of-the-box default behavior as it is.

Сообщение: Re: can't "grant all on database..."
Сообщение: Re: can't "grant all on database..."