Re: Changing character set when the damage is done

От Alexis Paul Bertolini
Тема Re: Changing character set when the damage is done
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> Are you sure that's not a tilde (a wavy line above the A) instead
> of a cedilla (a hook below the A)?  The UTF-8 encoding for lowercase e
> with grave is 0xc3 0xa8, which in ISO-8859-1 (LATIN1) or Windows-1252
> is uppercase A with tilde followed by a diaeresis (an umlaut on its
> own).  Does the data appear correctly if you do either of the following?
>
> SELECT convert(colname, 'utf8', 'latin1') FROM tablename;

Yep, I meant the A with the tilde (the word cedilla sounded Spanish...
lol). Thanks, the "convert" function does the trick for me.

Using win1252 I get a "invalid destination encoding" error, but no
problem since I know for sure there aren't any euro signs.

Thanks!!

Alex.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: Changing character set when the damage is done
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: Changing character set when the damage is done