Changing character set when the damage is done

От Alexis Paul Bertolini
Тема Changing character set when the damage is done
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dear all,

I set up a DB with default values and it now uses the SQL_ASCII
character set (as per "show client_encoding;").

I have copied in quite a lot of data from various Access databases but
only now have I realized that all accented vowels show up differently
from what I expected (I dare not cite some examples a they would
doubtlessly show up wrong in the mail).

The contents are text written in Italian, so it's just the 5 vowels with
an acute or grave accent. The user base is all Italian, so a quick and
dirty trick is perfectly viable.

Any chance of running some smart UPDATE queries to put things right? Or
elaborating on the fields whilst performing a SELECT query?

Thanks!

Alex.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: