Re: admin82.sql FreeBSD specific

От Walter Vaughan
Тема Re: admin82.sql FreeBSD specific
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Walter Vaughan wrote:
>>I just removed 8.1.5 and installed 8.2.0 on a freeBSD server. I cannot seem
>>to find where it placed admin82.sql, if in fact such a beast should have
>>been created with the initdb step.
> I believe said admin81.sql corresponds to functions that were included
> into 8.2, and that the rest of the stuff is in a contrib module aptly
> named "adminpack".

Okay for those behind me, the next step after installing 8.2 is
# cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-contrib && make install clean

...which puts the README's in /usr/local/share/doc/postgresql/contrib
...and the stuff in /usr/local/share/postgresql/contrib

which in the case of freebsd is the location of both adminpack.sql and
uninstall_adminpack.sql.

The README.adminpack has slightly misleading info (at least for me)
$ psql -U pgsql postgres < adminpack.sql
may be more correct for you instead of "-U postgres" which is not the user
created by the ports collection.

However now instead of a connecting instantly, it takes almost a minute to have
a connect using pgAdmin 1.6.1 on my windows box to the freeBSD server when
connecting. :(
But I don't get the nag screen about missing functionality. :)

Argh. Can't it be fast and accurate?

--
Walter