Re: MAGIC_MODULE and libc

От Jeff Amiel
Тема Re: MAGIC_MODULE and libc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
yup...
I did this
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION getpid()
  RETURNS integer AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
   thepid integer;
BEGIN
select into thepid pg_backend_pid from pg_backend_pid();
return thepid;
END;
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

thanks!!!

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 08:20:23AM -0600, Jeff Amiel wrote:
ERROR: incompatible library "/lib/libc.so.6": missing magic block
SQL state: XX000
Hint: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.

I've added the appropriate macro to all my actual C code...but in this
case surely I am not expected to recompile libc...am I?  Is there an
easier way to get the pid of the current process?
In general you should use a wrapper library, but in your case
pg_backend_pid() will do it.

Have a nice day,