Re: [Q] (S)RPM for 1.6.1

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [Q] (S)RPM for 1.6.1
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 08:34 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> So why not statically link it?
>>
>> The code has worked just fine for months - there's no technical reason
>> why RPMs cannot be built.
>
> Stable wxWidgets was just released -- this is the technical reason that
> we don't have 1.6.X RPMS. As we talked before, pgAdmin 1.6 is built on a
> non-stable version of wx until wx 2.8.0 was released.

The vast majority of releases of pgAdmin have relied on non-stable
releases of wxWidgets - in fact, I think the *only* series that did
actually use the stable releases was 1.4. With 1.0 we had our own fork
of wxWidgets, and for 1.2 we recommended 2.5.3.

Anyway, I'll leave it in your expert hands. Whenever I use an RPM based
linux distro I seem to end up with an irrepairably corrupted RPM
database anyway, so I try to stay clear of them altogether now :-p

Regards, Dave.