Re: Creating an Independant Application

От John McCawley
Тема Re: Creating an Independant Application
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm not quite sure I understand your question, do you mean that you wish
to distribute an "all-in-one" installer for a client machine that will
include both your app and PostgreSQL?

It all depends on the complexity of your database backend.  If this is
small, quick-and-dirty app,  I don't know if PostgreSQL is the best
match for a setup like that.  Other people on this list may disagree,
but I tend to think that a full-blown RDBMS is overkill for that sort of
problem.  If your app is in C/C++, you may want to check out SQLite:

http://www.sqlite.org/

If you're programming in a Windows-centric environment, you may want to
consider using an Access .mdb backend and programming to it through ADO.