Re: reducing the footprint of ScanKeyword (was Re: Large writable variables)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reducing the footprint of ScanKeyword (was Re: Large writable variables)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> My bet is, and has been for quite a while, that we'll have to go for a
> hand-written recursive descent type parser.

I will state right up front that that will happen over my dead body.

It's impossible to write correct RD parsers by hand for any but the most
trivial, conflict-free languages, and what we have got to deal with
is certainly neither of those; moreover, it's a constantly moving target.
We'd be buying into an endless landscape of parser bugs if we go that way.
It's *not* worth it.