Re: Failed to set permision Win2k3-PG Installation Issues

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Failed to set permision Win2k3-PG Installation Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
objectmodelol@hotmail.com wrote:
> objectmodelol@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Everytime I try to install Postgre 8.2, I get the following error:
>>

>> Failed to set permissions on the installed files. Please see the
>> logfile.
>>
>> The thing is, I'm telling PG to use my Administrator account (the
>> account I'm currently logged in as) and I'm pretty sure it has access
>> to everything.
>>
>> Any idea?
>

> It installed on my AMD machine (single core) just fine but on my Core 2
> Duo (single cpu, dual core)...it fails with "failed to set
> permissions".
>
> Maybe it's a bug with dual core machines??

That would be *very* unlikely. It's almost certainly something else
different between these machines, or the accounts used to install from.
Nothing with the permissions stuff should make any difference whatsoever
 depending on number of CPUs or cores.

//Magnus