Re: libpq.a in a universal binary

От Dave Page
Тема Re: libpq.a in a universal binary
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ted Petrosky wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.... at last nights cocoahead meeting in NYC I asked
> and found a solution for libpq.a.
>
> 1. config and make on a ppc
> 2. config and make on intel
>
> copy and rename the libpq.a from each system to a common directory and
> run 'lipo' on them:
>
> lipo libpqppc.a libpqintel.a -output libpq.a
>
> lipo will create the universal binary

Yeah - I looked at that option, but as I only have a G4 Powerbook at
present I'd need to cross compile the intel version, and I couldn't get
that to work at all!

The method I gave, while a little hacky, does work well and is pretty
straightforward. It's also probably the only way that would be practical
to build and install the whole tarball in a vaguely normal way (assuming
there weren't other issues preventing the build completing).

Regards, Dave