Re: TOAD-like query builder for PostgreSQL?

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: TOAD-like query builder for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: TOAD-like query builder for PostgreSQL?  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Shoaib Mir wrote:
> Thanks Scott, just confirmed it from TOAD's review at
> http://www.pcsoftland.com/development-tools/databases/toad-for-sql-server.htm
>

> "Plus the SQL editor will actually function with any ODBC database
> connection, thus it supports many other popular databases like Oracle,
> DB2, Informix, Ingres, Access, MySQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL, etc"
>
> Regards,
> -----------
> Shoaib Mir
> EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com <http://www.enterprisedb.com>)

Why don't you take a look at Lightning Admin for Postgresql, You are
looking at huge restrictions using Toad with Postgresql as only the
query editor works with it:

"Plus the SQL editor will actually function with any ODBC database
connection, thus it supports many other popular databases like Oracle,
DB2, Informix, Ingres, Access, MySQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL, etc."

For 10 bucks you can get the full featured Lightning Admin(with support)
that has a kick ass query editor with all the things you would expect
from a IDE editor including code completion /schema completion and
extremely nice query error handling modeled after psql.

See here for more info:
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/onlinehelp/pgla/code_completion.htm

http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/onlinehelp/pgla/error_handling.htm

Lightning Admin also works with EnterpriseDB, though you have to use the
query editor to use the Oracle features.  We do plan on adding full
support for EnterpriseDB in the coming months.

For 10 dollars there is little risk in purchasing the software.  You can
also use it very effectively on Linux via WINE.

We also listen to our users and frequently add new features and fix bugs
usually  in one day, and sometimes in less than 1 hour.

All this for 10 dollars :-)  Check it out.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

От: Richard Broersma Jr
Сообщение: Creating multiple Rules for on update
От: "Shoaib Mir"
Сообщение: Re: TOAD-like query builder for PostgreSQL?