Re: EXPLAIN ANALYZE

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> Intermediate results are always better than none at all. I do understand
> what a partial execution would look like - frequently it is the
> preparatory stages that slow a query down - costly sorts, underestimated
> hash joins etc. Other times it is loop underestimation, which can
> usually be seen fairly quickly.

Surely all you're interested in is where the actual plan differs from
the expected plan? Could you not just have a mode that issues NOTICEs
when expected/actual number of rows differ by more than a set amount?
You'd probably want two NOTICEs - one when the threshold is exceeded,
one when the node completes.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd