Re: installation problem, for Postgres 8.2.0

От Dave Page
Тема Re: installation problem, for Postgres 8.2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shoaib Mir wrote:
> Logged in as 'root' user do the following:
>
> ln -s /usr/lib/libreadline.so.4 /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5
>
> And then continue with the installation....

I'm no RPM expert, but doesn't a failed RPM dependency require that you
install the correct RPM rather than adding probably-incompatible
symlinks between different major versions of a library?

I'd suggest finding and installing a libreadline5 RPM.

Regards, Dave