Re: Performance figures from DbMail list

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Performance figures from DbMail list
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 15:04, Mikael Carneholm wrote:
>
>> This link adds to the joy...
>>
>> http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?25,93181,93181
>>
>> So the most popular free "database" in the world is a lousy performing
>> product that accepts 'gabba gabba hey' as a valid timestamp. Someone
>> please, give me a reason not to get cynical...
>>

> Oh man, that poor guy.  He's got 4 or 5 machines in a cluster, and he's
> still not catching up to the one machine postgresql server.
>
> And he's switching because he wants better reliability?
>
> Guess he's never heard of pgpool, slony, mammoth replicator, cjdbc, or a
> half dozen other ways to get high reliability with postgresql.
>
> I wonder what version of postgresql he was testing.

Please, remove pgpool from your list of "reliable" postgresql tools.
It's decent, but child procs tend to go zombie from time to time.

--
erik jones <erik@myemma.com>
software development

От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Male/female
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Performance figures from DbMail list