Re: strange (maybe) behaviour of table lock

От Edoardo Panfili
Тема Re: strange (maybe) behaviour of table lock
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Edoardo Panfili <edoardo@aspix.it> writes:
>> I spend many time to explain the bahaviour of the system:
>
>> I some occasions the system use another connection to retrieve some
>> information during the main connection. This explain the hangs but...
>> why sometimes the system works.
>
>> I do more tests.
>
> Try turning on statement logging in the server.  Looking at the sequence
> of SQL commands actually issued to the server by the different clients
> would probably be informative.

I did some debug. I did non consider the execution of a second
transaction inside the first, this is my error.

The only way to avoid problem with my code is to lower the lock level, I
can't avoid the nesting of the transactions.

The systems works anyway two hours ago, I can't figure how to reproduce
that occasion.

thanks a lot to all
Edoardo

--