Re: PostgreSQL back end to Excel ap

От Kelly Close
Тема Re: PostgreSQL back end to Excel ap
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thanks for the tip.  It looks like there are different oledb drivers for Pg for ADO vs. ADO.NET compatability, and my guess is that is what was causing this problem, but I'm really new to this, so it's just a hunch.  Something to definitely be watchful for!

~Kelly

Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
I believe the very same approach could be used with PostgreSQL from
Excel VBA using this OLEDB provider in place of the Microsoft Jet:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/oledb/
Just be careful with oledb.  It is my understanding is that the oledb project doesn't have the
same support that the ODBC does.  I believe that it doesn't have all of the functionality that an
oledb driver should.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-07/msg00109.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-07/msg00117.php

Regards,