Re: psql possible TODO

От Svenne Krap
Тема Re: psql possible TODO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> We've got that: control-R xyz.
>
> The thing I'm having a hard time with here is the notion that command
> number is a convenient way of identifying prior commands.  It seems like
> an idea that should have gone out with punched cards.

Command-numbers are the point-and-click equivalent for mouse-less users :)

Well... sometimes I can remember the pattern of something I wrote some
(for the sake of the argument a few hundred ) commands ago, but nothing
verbatim.
Seeing the full history (with large scrollback buffer in the console
app), I quickly spot the command I need.

I could at that time just as easily see, that number 317 would refer to
that command, and I wish to load that number in my editor.

I would really hate to have to backstep a few hundred commands, or
reverse search if I have nothing specific enough to search for (say the
last 50 commands where all alike - sorta the same tables and columns).

btw. Readline has history too..
http://tiswww.case.edu/~chet/readline/history.html

+1 from a lurking user :)

Svenne

От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Re: Configuring BLCKSZ and XLOGSEGSZ (in 8.3)
От: Andrew - Supernews
Сообщение: Re: how to find index columns